By Design Teleporting to the nether (bedrock level)

Cemde

Documancer
Oct 3, 2019
Denmark
Hello there,

I've noticed that every once in a while when you teleport to the nether, whether it being to a home you've set or to a friend who's in the nether at the moment, you'll find yourself in what seems to be above the nether on a bedrock layer.

It's really annoying, cause when you've first got up there, it seems to be impossible to actually get to your home. You'll keep teleporting to that layer, instead of below it, at the actual home you've set.

Here's a screenshot in case it's needed.

// Cemde

why_not_nanu36

Oct 2, 2019
I noticed a similar home to thing when I set my home in a cave near a wall or on a block I later broke, the home tp'd me to a higher cave inside a block (just my feet) then when I tp'd again I was on the surface. It could be the result of a safety features in the /home system, if your home is no longer "safe" it'll to you to the next safe location above, and in the nether that just may be the top of the bedrock.

Cemde

Documancer
Oct 3, 2019
Denmark
Hmh yeah, that might be the case. But it also happens when people teleport to you, and you're nearby danger of some kind, so it's not just the home system, if that's the case.

// Cemde

Zemoj

Code Wizard
Staff Member
Documancer
Apr 2, 2019
It might seem weird, but the teleport system has to check for safety before you arrive. Its better for it to be a little more aggressive at keeping people safe, then not enough.

Cemde

Documancer
Oct 3, 2019
Denmark
It might seem weird, but the teleport system has to check for safety before you arrive. Its better for it to be a little more aggressive at keeping people safe, then not enough.
So in that case, I won't be able to get back to the home I set?

// Cemde