[rework discussion] Job Slots

rainbowcraft2

Documancer
Sep 26, 2019
I think job slots should work something like this:

First job slot: 100% xp gain, 100% money gain (Default)
Second job slot: 100% xp gain, 100% money gain (Unlocked at 2 level 10 jobs)
First job slot: 75% xp gain, 75% money gain (unlocked at 4 level 20 jobs)
Fourth job slot: 75% xp gain, 75% money gain (unlocked at 6 level 30 jobs)
Fifth job slot: 50% xp gain, 50% money gain (unlocked at 8 level 40 jobs)
Sixth job slot: 50% xp gain, 50% money gain (unlocked at 10 level 50 jobs)
Seventh job slot: 50% xp gain, 50% money gain (unlocked at 12 level 50 jobs)

-Jobs become easier to level up
-Money gain is reduced, reducing rates of inflation
-Leveling up jobs becomes more about perks than about income

What do you think of this idea? Balancing, whether the job system could/should be improved from how it is, etc. Please discuss your thoughts on this.

MagicMerchant

Oct 12, 2019
I think nerfing money gain on other slots combined with 12 hour CDs would result in some weird gameplay. Having 1-3 alts just to have all jobs would be kinda mandatory imo. It would just nerf the players that wont have access to more accounts.

rainbowcraft2

Documancer
Sep 26, 2019
I think nerfing money gain on other slots combined with 12 hour CDs would result in some weird gameplay. Having 1-3 alts just to have all jobs would be kinda mandatory imo. It would just nerf the players that wont have access to more accounts.
Then ban alts and make it easier to level jobs. Which this system does, for the easier to level part. Because less money, more job exp.

MagicMerchant

Oct 12, 2019
Then ban alts and make it easier to level jobs. Which this system does, for the easier to level part. Because less money, more job exp.
Leveling jobs is imo too easy though. Problem right now is to have jobs when you need them because of long cooldown (and there being quite few online often for EU hours at least, but I know its US server). And with income reduction it would be less reason to help another player. Right now we can have our lvl50 jobs active and help others. But if CD is 4-12h and you get less money, who would for example swap to lvl50 demo to move a spawner for someone? Or enchanter and enchant one or two items? Then sit with 12h CD limiting their gameplay. My guess is none. And here comes alts to solve it by holding lvl50 jobs in primary slots.
And I dont think people would pay enough to make up for the trouble and potential loss of income.

Perhaps we play the game very differently, but I currently organize with hamsterkris hours ahead what we gonna do so we dont get stranded with useless jobs or missing one we need. Mostly because of how long the CD is, but nerfing slot 3, 4, 5 would make this so much worse imo.