By Design Potatofarmer job not working as intended.

_Blights_

Oct 1, 2019
The Potato Farmer job is an upgrade from basic Farmer, which claims to double the money gain from planting and harvesting potatoes. The base reward for planting potatoes in the basic farmer job is $0.07 and the reward for planting potatoes in the Potato Farmer job is $0.14 so one would think that planting 10 potatoes using the Potato Farmer job would yield $1.40 but it doesn't, it only gives $0.95

the base reward for harvesting potatoes in the basic Farmer job is $0.14 and the reward for harvesting potatoes with the Potato Farmer job is $0.27 which i have tested and the harvesting does yield as expected.

Now onto the part that bothers me most. The Potato Farmer job also claims to give "$ for baking/brewing with potatoes" now i don't know about brewing, but i have tested smelting(baking) potatoes with the smoker, and with a regular furnace in both towny and wastelands and it didn't give me any money either of the times i tried it.

Another thing to note is that when you do "/jobs info potatofarmer" to list what actions give money and/or job xp, the baking/brewing of potatoes is not included in that list despite the explanation of the job upgrade claiming it to happen.

_Blights_

Oct 1, 2019
Oh, if you need more information from me then find me on the server, i wont be keeping track of this thread.

12_zombies

Thonk
Staff Member
Documancer
Jul 17, 2019
Looks like it works for me, using the farmer plant ability gives half as much money or you could have had town taxes taking some of your money away.
When reporting bugs to do with jobs make sure you have /prefs showallactions and /prefs showactionspaminchat enabled so you can see what you are getting paid