Will Not Resolve Unable to claim chunk that is surrounded by current town area.

Avandara

Feb 2, 2020
Other Issues
In-game name and (if applicable)previous name: Eve_Stars
Approximate date/time event occurred: June 30
Server: Horizon Prime
(If applicable)Town name: Paradox
Detailed explanation on the problem: I tried to claim the area 113 -281 that is surrounded by three sides of my town but it gives me an error that another town's home block is too close. How is this possible when it is a chunk that is indented into my current town's area?

richieh99

Lead Staff
Staff Member
Documancer
Apr 9, 2019
Hey there,

This is likely to have occurred because another town's home block is too close to where you're trying to expand. If this is the case, we can look into whether that particular town is eligible for deletion under our inactivity rules.

However, the coordinates you gave don't appear to match up with what I am finding. With this in mind, I will need to ask you to show me or any other staff member in-game exactly which plot is giving you this trouble. From there, we can see if there is anything we can do.

Many thanks,

richieh99

Avandara

Feb 2, 2020
Sorry took the coordinates from /t map and it is not correct. According to the server map it is around 1814, -4487.
From what I can see on the server map a player was somehow able to create a new town (Cavetown) that now blocks me from expanding East. Just confused on how he was able to create a town so close to mine that it impacts my whole eastern side. Thought about contacting the player and asking them to move their home block but they have not been on since April.

richieh99

Lead Staff
Staff Member
Documancer
Apr 9, 2019
Hey there,

I've taken a look for you. A town named Cavetown is too close to allow you to claim that plot. In order to claim it, you'll have to speak to the mayor and ask them to move their homeblock to the other side of their town. It should then allow you to claim it. If you have difficulties contacting them, feel free to respond to this request or poke one of us in-game.

- richieh99