Glad to be back. <3

PomPotato

Jan 25, 2020
I don't even know where to begin. I don't exactly remember what names I went by years ago, but I think I went from lmfaokem to ArbyDoo during my time on the old server.

Earlier today, I was listening to the Minecraft OST and came across the Chirp disc track. That disc holds many fond memories for me, as years ago when I joined the old server as a lil dumb baby, I had a friend called Yellowlabrador (I think) who helped me get to grips with the server. He'd get me to make him sandwiches, which I fondly remember preparing whenever he got online. One day, he built a cosy greenhouse in my town. A humble cube, but incredibly detailed and cosy on the inside, made of logs and lime green stained glass. When he revealed it to me, he popped a disc into a jukebox and Chirp began to play. I'd play that disc whenever I went to collect my spices and herbs from there. I had another good friend there called Fairiberry who helped me understand and come to the terms with the fact that I'm transgender, she even helped me build up the confidence to come out to my parents. I had no clue what my feelings meant before I met her. These two people and server in general meant so much to me, it built my early teenage years and helped me through the rough times. One day, I unknowingly left the server for the last time. I never saw YellowLabrador again, and after some time I drifted apart from Fairiberry. I love you two guys and I hope you're doing well, part of me wishes to see you again here but I doubt it. So anyway, listening to chirp reminded me of the server and, even though I knew it had been shut down, I went to google regardless and went nuts when I saw this website. I'm very glad to return, and I hope to grow a strong bond with this place again.

<3

(If any of you recognise me, you might say "Hey wait, aren't you that gal who lied about their age to become a moderator?". Pfft, yeah I was. Everyone's a little bit stupid at that age, though I did have a bit of a bad person mixed in there. I'm much more sincere these days, don't you worry. ;P)

Reactions: Borislander

impostura

Jul 4, 2020
Hey,

I was just scrolling through the forums for the first time in a long time and looking through these posts; thought I'd reply to this one. I don't think I ever knew you - maybe we played at different times - but I also made a lot of memories on this server, all the way back from when it was just Mayhem Multiverse. I remember the "Welcome!"s when you joined set it apart from the rest from the start.

I also knew Fairi - I think we both applied in the same round of Trial Guide applicants, which I believe was the first one when the position came out, and we got kind of close as friends from there as well. I hope she's doing okay; I recall she found a boyfriend through the server at some point and was going through other tough things at other points.

Interestingly, I also lied about my age on my first Moderator app (I was a moderator for a bit, then left because I couldn't keep the minimum LP, then rejoined as a guide for a bit before hitting the same issue). I remember that I had joined the Teamspeak at one point a couple days before submitting my moderator app. I remember getting accepted, going through the trial period, and then getting access to the full staff forums, at which point I saw a thread from another moderator (his name was something like iiliiliiliil, pretty prominent in the community and already a veteran by that point) from before I was accepted for a trial, where he brought up how he thought I wasn't telling the truth about my age based on my voice that one time I joined the Teamspeak. Can't blame him, I was definitely a squeaker - but Octa said that it would probably be okay based on my previous involvement in the forum, and I had a great time from thereon out. I remember really enjoying moderating, particularly going into invis and watching people mine to check for x-ray hacks. It was quite the power trip for a twelve (I think) year old.

It's hard to tell what's changed in the past year or two, but I guess it looks like octa and lindsu aren't really involved with this project anymore. I remember @12_zombies was a mod for a really long time, really glad to see he's kept the place alive. All in all, this server did a lot for me - helped me get fast at typing, helped me gain an interest in coding, helped me become more normal as far as social interaction goes. I'm sure it did the same for a lot of people - it was definitely the most wholesome Minecraft community I've ever been a part of.

I doubt I'll get back into gaming enough to spend any significant time on this server in the next few years, so I'll quite the rambling now, but for anyone with a similar story - there sure is a lot of nostalgia buried within our time on this server, isn't there?

Paulosophar

Jul 19, 2020
I use to be “Simply_Paul” and for a time before that “Pwmoore” on the old server.

The amount of nostalgia and excitement was surprising when I opened Minecraft, for the first time in about a year, two weeks ago and saw that “OMM” was active. I gasped and quickly logged in.

The love I had for the server (MAM when I originally started) back in the day was absurd, considering I was in my mid-20s and not a teenager or soon-to-be teenager. This server was my escape from the pressures of graduate school and I would spend my downtime leveling jobs, earning money, and building my town...you know just distressing from school, work, and the rest of the world.

Needless to say, I am both excited and pleased to see the work to bring back the server. ^_^

Reactions: Borislander