Arborist needs some Exp tweaks

MrHlveMind

Oct 27, 2019
Arborist is a slow and boring job to level. Every wood type only gives 0.5 a Exp. It is possibly one of the slowest and most repetitive jobs available.
My suggestion would be to increase the the amount of exp given to 1-1.5 per log but maybe only .75 for wood like spruce or jungle due to being able to get them in higher quantitys through 2x2 trees

rainbowcraft2

Documancer
Sep 26, 2019
I think it should get a 60% exp buff

0.5 exp -> 0.8 exp per log for oak, birch, and acacia
0.25 exp -> 0.4 exp per log for jungle, dark oak, and spruce
0.1 exp (I think it's that much) per leaf broken -> 0.16 exp per leaf broken.

I also think the level should unlock perks at level 10 or 15 that makes it get increased chances of finding custom crops.

MrHlveMind

Oct 27, 2019
I think it should get a 60% exp buff

0.5 exp -> 0.8 exp per log for oak, birch, and acacia
0.25 exp -> 0.4 exp per log for jungle, dark oak, and spruce
0.1 exp (I think it's that much) per leaf broken -> 0.16 exp per leaf broken.

I also think the level should unlock perks at level 10 or 15 that makes it get increased chances of finding custom crops.
Yeah that's much more refined then my idea. There needs to be a up in experience for the very least for woods that only yield 4-6 logs a tree and off setting the naturally slow leveling with earlier perks would be very nice. Maybe even a tree felling ability at 20 like how lumber axes work in tinkers construct

DragonBlood

Documancer
Sep 28, 2019
There's some misinformation here. I'm not sure where any of this information is coming from, so here's a screenshot of the actual experience in-game. Saplings are .5 xp each though.

Reactions: rainbowcraft2

rainbowcraft2

Documancer
Sep 26, 2019
There's some misinformation here. I'm not sure where any of this information is coming from, so here's a screenshot of the actual experience in-game. Saplings are .5 xp each though.

View attachment 105
It's coming from me not having access to the game right now and going by memory.

If that's the case, here's what I think should happen:

1.00 -> 1.50 for Oak, Birch, and Acacia (50% buff)
0.50 -> 0.87(.5) for Dark Oak, mushroom blocks, and spruce (75% buff)
0.25 -> 0.50 for Jungle wood (100% buff)
0.20 -> 0.30 for Oak, birch, and Acacia leaves (50% buff)
0.10 -> 0.17(.5) for Spruce and Dark Oak leaves (75% buff)
0.05 -> 0.10 for jungle leaves (100% buff)

The logic here is that while jungle and spruce and stuff is easier to mine in large amounts, the amount of time needed to break each log is no different, so they should be pretty fair to buff the lower value wood a bit. If this kind of buff leads to Jungle or Roofed forest biomes being the most sought out biomes for leveling the job, further adjustments can be made.