By Design Town plot perms changing without input

Sally_nightmare

Documancer
Nov 30, 2019
Hello,

I am having to check the plot perms on all my plots daily as they are someone changing themselves. They are not reverting back to anything specific. Sometimes mobs will be the only thing that toggles on but today I had a plot that residents, allies, and outsiders could do everything to on a residents property that claims they did not change them. I am running into issue with residents being able to do everything on plots they are not supposed to be able to do things on a daily basis. I'm really concerned about this issue as homes can be broken without repercussion if the permissions allowed it even if we did not change it.

Sincerely,

Shandapanda

Reactions: RS_Forever

12_zombies

Thonk
Staff Member
Documancer
Jul 17, 2019
If the resident owns the plot have them check their /res perms and see if they match to what the plot is setting itself to, I believe plots that are owned by players will set their permissions to be whatever the /res perms are.

Sally_nightmare

Documancer
Nov 30, 2019
They said they had not changed their perms and I checked the perms of the plot as soon as it was purchased. The plot perms some how switched everything on without prompting for this one plot. The other plot perm issue of residents being able to do everything randomly has seemed to have resolved itself. I also have not had another plot turn everything on since the report of this from my resident. I am still seeing mobs toggle on when a plot is being purchased by a resident. The resident has been offline for a few days so I can not have them check their /res perms at the moment. Spc_jester_usa is the resident in question. I have informed them irl to check when they can.

Sally_nightmare

Documancer
Nov 30, 2019
Resident perms were set to
Build: r - - Destroy: r - - Switch: r - - Item use: r - - Fly: rao
PVP: off Mobs: on TnT: off Fire: off
This may explain mobs turning on but not the mystery of all perms turning on. If there is anything else I can provide to help please let me know.