Statement on Informative Progress and Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strunkandy

Former Wiki Enthusiast/Staff Lead
Documancer
Sep 9, 2019
Considering I've had multiple people messaging me and saying things in all types of places about the following issues, I'm making a generalized post of what is going on and why things are the way they are.

Progress on the FAQs and Wiki

I've heard countless complaints about information being wrong in one place, and people hearing three things from different sources. I'm posting this simply to allow players a chance to gain understanding here. Right now the lead team has had both the staff and documancer team handling the wiki. I am happy to say we have made decent progress, with staff finishing 6 pages altogether in January, and our documancer team finishing 2 pages. We intend on continuing to finish the wiki before starting on the in-game informative base. I personally believe this is the best thing for us to do, as all information would available in one place, rather than it being spotty altogether.

Questions on Staff

I have also heard people question why we have one combined team now. This is moreso in the form of people saying they might know players who would be more willing to only moderate to help the staff team. Our issue with this is the lack of players who would be willing to join the staff team as an entirety. It would also be difficult to find people who want to moderate, and do extra wiki/FAQ work, when we have one role that simply does moderation.

I also want to point out that, at this point, we have a team of three full staff members, one trial staff member, and three leads. We lost two members in the past few months due to resignations because of real-life busyness, and a few of our few have had major issues impacting their lives since November. All of us are busy, and we all want a chance to play on the server as well. I just want anyone who thinks we aren't keeping up with things to know that we are, and it takes time when we have a small team of busy people volunteering what time they have to help us.

Finally, we have had a shortage in applications for staff, and I've had less and less people willing to volunteer for the documancy team. If you want to help out on either team visit this page for staff requirements, this page for documancy requirements and information, and this page to apply.

If you have any further questions on anything feel free to DM myself or another lead.

Thanks.

- Strunk

Status
Not open for further replies.