Help/Getting Started Page for New Players

Brenty

Oct 28, 2020
In respect to how new the Earth server is and having the primary focus on setting it up properly, I was thinking some sort of help or tutorial page would be nice for new players to see what's offered. The hopes of this would be to retain new players longer instead of only seeing them for a few days. This server has a lot to give and it might seem overwhelming for new players to learn the basics.

I know the legacy wiki has a page titled "Newbie Tutorial" (or "Tutorial Classic") and having new players see a well laid out page of what the server offers might keep them around longer or attract new players. I thought the tutorial book was a great addition in getting started and it might be beneficial once a tutorial page is up to put that link in the book.

Also with the recent news on how the wiki is going to work, this could be a project for the community to create a well established page/wiki so players can see the somewhat full potential the server has to offer. /faq was also a super helpful tool and I hope that returns to help out.

Reactions: Paulosophar

richieh99

Lead Staff
Staff Member
Documancer
Apr 9, 2019
Hey there, I will respond to half of your suggestion, the in-game part is not something I am equipped to comment on.

I know the legacy wiki has a page titled "Newbie Tutorial" (or "Tutorial Classic") and having new players see a well laid out page of what the server offers might keep them around longer or attract new players.
Once the wiki is up and running with up-to-date information we'll consider adding a tutorial page. However, for now our focus is on updating all of the old information. As of writing this most pages, excluding those in the job section, should be almost finished.

Give us a couple of weeks, I'll get back to you then.

If you need anything, feel free to poke me

- Rich

Reactions: Brenty