Info General Warning on Exploits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strunkandy

Former Wiki Enthusiast/Staff Lead
Documancer
Sep 9, 2019
The last time this post was updated was on January 8, 2020.

This post is a general warning to all players about abusing things such as exploits, loopholes, or general workarounds that undermine our exploitation rules.

In this post I am going to point out recent events and current issues, if you need elaboration on any of these please DM a lead. When a staff member confronts you about things like this, please do not say you never knew, or you weren't told. Exploiting is against our server rules and may result in a ban for the first offense.

Any extremely easy way to gain experience, vanilla or otherwise, is pretty obvious. If you're hopping around levels every few minutes, something probably isn't right, and it should be reported to a staff member or on the forums so it can be fixed immediately. Do not tell any of us that we did not make the requirements for something to be an exploit clear. From here on, instead of taking our time to calculate what you have earned by exploiting, we will rather reset anything linked to what you are exploiting. Here are just a few situations I can think of that will fall under exploiting.

• If you are exploiting a dupe bug, we will clear at the least any jobs linked, balance, and any duplicated items.

• If you are caught using an AFK machine your playtime will be reset to the amount of time since the AFK machine was built. (e.g. if you built it 100 hours ago, and have a 120 playtime, 100 hours will be cleared). If it is an extensive amount of time to the point we cannot track it, we will clear your playtime.

• If caught abusing jobs in any way they are not intended to be used, i.e vanilla mechanics that cause mass amounts of mobs to gather in an area or anything likewise, you are subject to linked job resets, and your entire balance to be cleared. EDIT NOTE: This does not mean you are not allowed to use natural/spawner grinders. This is mainly noting abuse of higher value monsters occurring in an area due to "exploiting" vanilla mechanics. You may continue using pigmen farms, spawner mob grinders, natural grinders such as guardians, etc..

• Any theft due to a get-around with LWC will cause action to be taken against you.

• Any outrageous vanilla mechanic that may cause major change to the economy, such as massive XP gain.
Now I want to clarify on current issues that should not be abused. These are known about and I'm letting everyone know, so that they do not abuse said things, and they do not get action taken against them.

• There may be some outlying jobs that give large amounts of xp for easily crafted items. Please report these instead of abusing them. Again this is your warning so your jobs do not get reset.

• Use AFK based macros/weights or any other methods while you are away from your PC is against server rules. *

• Anyone who knowingly allows players to exploit and does not report it may warrant action taken on all involved parties. *
Finally, I want to note that every situation is a unique situation. It is up to the staff team how this is handled. Again, please do not say we never explained these rules to you, or that you didn't know.
If anyone has any questions at all about any of these please let me know.

Thanks

Strunk

Key:
* New with edit

Status
Not open for further replies.