Exp for Job

quizzerstu

Sep 27, 2019
Tórshavn
So, It is getting more confusing the more I pay attention. I am getting .31% experience for a killing naturally spawning guardians the same for a skeleton spawner. I am getting .77% for just smelting iron in my furnace. Why don't you just adjust the about of experience giving at the base of these items. Now I know you will have some fancy reason. Like overpower jobs, or something to do with spawner. But there feelings like there is no organized reason for any of this. I know it has already drove people from the server. It is hard went something this simple is made confusing.

Please just set a experience, value you get for jobs and stop having different percentage if this or that happens. It is making trying to level jobs annoying. If you want to keep these crazy different percentages for different reason. Give out all the info when this or that happens to limit experience gained.

rainbowcraft2

Documancer
Sep 26, 2019
No, spawners need to grant reduced job experience. Because it would be super broken and stupid if you could max a job from a single room with a spawner.

And what the heck are you talking about with this thing "driving people from the server"?

quizzerstu

Sep 27, 2019
Tórshavn
No, spawners need to grant reduced job experience. Because it would be super broken and stupid if you could max a job from a single room with a spawner.
It is stupid to have the experience change all the time and never be at 100% of what the value says. I do not care if the experience for a skeleton mod is .5 per kill or .0001 per mod.... It is annoying and stupid for the experience table to have a value that is never right, because the percentage changes all the time. Reduction in experience are annoying. Did you get that I am getting reducing on iron smelting too? ... This is not just about spawner. This happen with a wide range of jobs and items.

rainbowcraft2

Documancer
Sep 26, 2019
It is stupid to have the experience change all the time and never be at 100% of what the value says. I do not care if the experience for a skeleton mod is .5 per kill or .0001 per mod.... It is annoying and stupid for the experience table to have a value that is never right, because the percentage changes all the time. Reduction in experience are annoying. Did you get that I am getting reducing on iron smelting too? ... This is not just about spawner. This happen with a wide range of jobs and items.
Yeah, the jobs should give (somewhat) consistent amounts of experience. The thing is, if it gives the exact same amount every time, that just means the experience multiplier from players voting isn't working. But each should give the same amount of base experience... except spawned mobs because they would be broken if they gave full exp.

quizzerstu

Sep 27, 2019
Tórshavn
Today. I was killing a Chicken in the Wastelands and was given .7% exp for it. It was the only chicken around. I killed two sheep a couple chunks away 1.15% exp. The multiplier was set to 102% I had the same jobs on for both kills. I can see a job giving less exp. or something, when you have your job in 3rd Spot. But I had Hunter lvl 7 in third job slot. So both should of been .5 …. The problem is neither job is giving the right exp. Exp and Money earn right now is a guessing game and I have no clue what any of the numbers are based on. It is again frustrating and annoying... Please make it simple... I like simple.

rainbowcraft2

Documancer
Sep 26, 2019
Today. I was killing a Chicken in the Wastelands and was given .7% exp for it. It was the only chicken around. I killed two sheep a couple chunks away 1.15% exp. The multiplier was set to 102% I had the same jobs on for both kills. I can see a job giving less exp. or something, when you have your job in 3rd Spot. But I had Hunter lvl 7 in third job slot. So both should of been .5 …. The problem is neither job is giving the right exp. Exp and Money earn right now is a guessing game and I have no clue what any of the numbers are based on. It is again frustrating and annoying... Please make it simple... I like simple.
Chickens all give the same exp as other chickens. Sheep give the same exp as other sheep. I don't see the problem? Sounds fine to me.

12_zombies

Thonk
Staff Member
Documancer
Jul 17, 2019
maybe check the multipliers and see why you are getting a certain amount of exp %? you can mouse over the multiplier and it'll show them all

quizzerstu

Sep 27, 2019
Tórshavn
Chickens all give the same exp as other chickens. Sheep give the same exp as other sheep. I don't see the problem? Sounds fine to me.
Your Not getting this... The Modifier is different for items within the same job. I am in the wasteland. No spawners. Yes the experience for each one has a different amount. It is the modifier I am talking about... There is no reason that the modifier should be different for them.

quizzerstu

Sep 27, 2019
Tórshavn
maybe check the multipliers and see why you are getting a certain amount of exp %? you can mouse over the multiplier and it'll show them all
Ok maybe you have some crazy way to keep the multiplier up on your display more than 1sec, but I do not know how to do this to see why I am getting multipliers the way I am. If you can tell me that trick it would be helpful.... And I guess your silence on the real issue I am talking about mean it is ok the way it is I guess.

Edit... I figured out the prep to put the line in chat will do more research to see what cause the exp. to be different per task

Edit2 … I found out the reason for the Sheep and Chicken... Was Ones a Kill the other was for Weilding my bow... So that is a non Issue...

However The Guardian are viewed as having a spawner even with no spawner present. I was swim and killed one and it listed them as less because of a spawner even when no spawner was present.... This was the thing I saw at first that started my questioning the exp. multiplers a few days ago. It is weird that you would get message for a spawner when there is no such thing as a guardian spawner in this world.

Last edited:

EnderTeddy

Documancer
Sep 26, 2019
I was swim and killed one and it listed them as less because of a spawner even when no spawner was present
The "spawner" is the ocean monument. They spawn very frequently there but nowhere else. I do agree that there shouldn't be a reduced payout for killing mobs in the wastelands as long as there isn't more than like 1,000 player-placed blocks around the monument. (Usually, a farm would require 3,000+ blocks to build)

quizzerstu

Sep 27, 2019
Tórshavn
The "spawner" is the ocean monument. They spawn very frequently there but nowhere else. I do agree that there shouldn't be a reduced payout for killing mobs in the wastelands as long as there isn't more than like 1,000 player-placed blocks around the monument. (Usually, a farm would require 3,000+ blocks to build)
Yeah, I think I could even be fine with the varied experience levels.. It is just really annoying when you have no clue in advance it is happening... I guess if it was all listed in a wiki I can handle it... I do agree with you that the wasteland should not have reduced payout...