Condensed Blocks

rainbowcraft2

Documancer
Sep 26, 2019
For storage reasons, it would be neat if there could be "condensed blocks" for iron, gold, diamond, emerald, etc.

Crafting
To craft, simply put 4 ore blocks (or maybe 9 if we want to store more in a smaller space) in a crafting grid. It will craft a "condensed" block. The condensed blocks are enchanted ore blocks.

Uncrafting
Uncraft by putting a condensed block into the crafting grid to get 4 or 9 (depending on the recipe we go with) of the original block.

Why this should be added
Back before omniverse went down for a while, I had a double chest full of iron blocks. Ideally I'd like to be able to keep multiple ore types in one chest, and condensing the blocks would help with that.

Basically storing more in less space as it would be nice to have.

Meljardo

Oct 12, 2019
There was something similar to this in omm called Voids. A void could store any item in a stack of i think 5000 but only one at a time. These will likely be returning when job items make their return.

rainbowcraft2

Documancer
Sep 26, 2019
There was something similar to this in omm called Voids. A void could store any item in a stack of i think 5000 but only one at a time. These will likely be returning when job items make their return.
Voids are much better for storage than condensed blocks, but not so good for showing off the sheer amount of resources you have collected.

Datrixel

Oct 5, 2019
We have a feature already implemented into the Miner job which unlocks at level 10 with a client restart. When you mine ores, they'll automatically convert to the block form unless you disable this in your preferences menu. Alternatively, you can use void bags for storage.

rainbowcraft2

Documancer
Sep 26, 2019
We have a feature already implemented into the Miner job which unlocks at level 10 with a client restart. When you mine ores, they'll automatically convert to the block form unless you disable this in your preferences menu. Alternatively, you can use void bags for storage.
I know about block forms of items.

I'm gonna have a double chest of iron blocks sooner or later and I'd like to store them without a void bag because it would look nicer than voids.

I don't want my chest to be empty except for a couple voids. And I don't want the chest to be completely full.