Community Guardian Farm

How should we build the public guardian farm?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zemoj

Code Wizard
Staff Member
Documancer
Apr 2, 2019
The staff has decided that because of the limited number of ocean temples, we will make one of them open for public use. A few people had been interested in setting up a grinder there, but I'm not sure if they would still be interested for public use.

So please fill out the poll, and let me know if you want to work on building a farm there.

DragonBlood

Documancer
Sep 28, 2019
That's pretty cool of you guys. I'd love a public grinder. I'd vote world edit, but I don't want the only grinder to be poorly made. I definitely don't want to build it myself though xD

Path_Finder22

Documancer
Sep 26, 2019
If we do have players build it where are the building blocks for it coming from? Maybe we could have some players build it in a creative area like genesis and have a staff member world edit it over.

Documancer
Oct 7, 2019
Rexburg, ID, USA
727021.github.io
If we do have players build it where are the building blocks for it coming from? Maybe we could have some players build it in a creative area like genesis and have a staff member world edit it over.
I like this idea. It makes sense to use WE because it's essentially an admin farm, but but I don't think we should just copy a bad design. Having players build in creative and copying it in is a great idea, imo. I'd also be more willing to help build it if it were in creative, and I'm sure others would too.

iAlcrafter

Staff Member
Documancer
Apr 2, 2020
If I had more time on my hands I would love to help build it but I also have no idea how to build one. I like the idea of players building on creative and the final build being copied over.

Zemoj

Code Wizard
Staff Member
Documancer
Apr 2, 2019
We're not going to try and copy the build between servers. If we use world edit, I'm just going to make a copy of mine. Some people might care more about the actual design of the spawner though. If people want to work on building it, going to try and get it done this weekend. I could also help speed up the process if you want specific areas cleared of water.

Zemoj

Code Wizard
Staff Member
Documancer
Apr 2, 2019
/warp guardian is now open. Ill leave this thread open for any more discussion around the farm.

Reactions: Paulosophar

Valenthus

Documancer
Oct 9, 2019
@Zemoj can ya turn my perms back on to fix the messed up water outside the grinder and put a cap on it? will use prismarine bricks for the cap, with 1/2 slabs on top to prevent spawns.. Sorry I got busy last cpl days my kid came home from college and she had car trouble .

Zemoj

Code Wizard
Staff Member
Documancer
Apr 2, 2019
@Zemoj can ya turn my perms back on to fix the messed up water outside the grinder and put a cap on it? will use prismarine bricks for the cap, with 1/2 slabs on top to prevent spawns.. Sorry I got busy last cpl days my kid came home from college and she had car trouble .
Done

Valenthus

Documancer
Oct 9, 2019
didn't get build perms in the 4 central plots. They are probably using their own perms since mob spawns got turned on there. I am removing all the messed up water columns outside the spawner now, will do cap once you fix perms. Thanks

Zemoj

Code Wizard
Staff Member
Documancer
Apr 2, 2019
didn't get build perms in the 4 central plots. They are probably using their own perms since mob spawns got turned on there. I am removing all the messed up water columns outside the spawner now, will do cap once you fix perms. Thanks
I'm not sure why that would be, all the plots have the same perms right now. Let me know if its still an issue.