Fixed Chest / Inventory / UI weirdness

Zemoj

Code Wizard
Staff Member
Apr 2, 2019
Sometimes randomly no one can open chests or echests. No error messages, just no inventory window.

Archrow

Sep 13, 2019
I think this happens when the game thinks you have a UI open when you try to open a locked chest/storage block. One way to undo this is by accessing a furnace.

Zemoj

Code Wizard
Staff Member
Apr 2, 2019
Now only happening in treasure type chests where it has to generate the inventory. ( mines / spawners / shipwrecks ) @12_zombies

12_zombies

Thonk
Staff Member
Jul 17, 2019
This might actually be fixed in the next update, will need some retesting, make sure you're not just lagging too. Delay VS having to open another inventory to get to the inventor you want.

destroyyou

Documancer
Sep 29, 2019
This issue was fixed recently, but it restarted to bug. The job window does not open in the wasteland

Valenthus

Oct 9, 2019
This happens to me every day multiple times a day, I click to open a chest, or bag of holding, or echect, or crafting bench, or ench table and no UI.. all i see is a message in text at bottom of screen that says "double right click outside the chest to swap items" or similar message to that. Ive found i can only fix it by teleporting to the wastelands and back, or if I was in the wastelands and it happens i have to tp to settlement otherwise i cant open any container/UI. Hugely annoying when my inventory gets full and i go to open my bag of holding and it wont open, so i still gotta tp to my house to unload before i can continue. It's been an issue for about 3 weeks now, but I didn't want to complain, and hoped it would just get fixed eventually without me saying anything.

P.S. Do we have some sort of add on mod that sorts items in chests? if so, then there's your trouble.

Valenthus

Oct 9, 2019
the update that fixed chests losing thier locks also seems to have fixed the bug that i cant open the chests. Any chest that i use /lock on will now open normally.
Update: All my chests are remaining locked, and still open as they should. However, echecst, bags of holding, crafting bench, and other UI based blocks that cannot be locked are bugging out and not opening. I can get them to open by opening a chest UI/furnace, or by teleporting out of the current server to another server. i.e. if I'm in settlement and bag of holding wont open I can /warp wl and it opens.

Last edited:

12_zombies

Thonk
Staff Member
Jul 17, 2019
Ok, as of yesterday is anyone still having issues with certain inventories not opening at all? I don't want to know about anything beyond yesterday and if you aren't sure then keep an eye on it and let me know if it's still happening.